Facilitating Positive Change in Your Clients’ Financial Lives
This course is an MQ University sponsored event.
This course is designed to provide a framework for understanding how your client’s “two brains” have different needs. These conflicting needs can override your best efforts to alter the financial beliefs and behaviors that undermine their life satisfaction and sense of well-being.
However, by adopting a new perspective and new ways of interacting with your clients, you can help your clients view their financial and life goals with new eyes. Learn how to be a more effective facilitator of the positive changes that your clients want to make and will be in their own best interests.
Once you complete this course, you will come away with:
- New tools to help you think and talk about the obstacles that block your clients’ progress toward their satisfaction and sense of well-being
- A new and fun way to guide your clients’ financial behavior
- Effective tools to help you understand your own thinking so you can move your practice to the next level
Each classroom will be limited to 12 students.
The text for this online course will be Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard, by Chip and Dan Heath. Each session of this four-session, eight-week course will include a recorded lecture, online interaction with the instructor and students, and completion of an online learning assessment. (Please note: you will be responsible for acquiring your own copy of the text; the book will not be provided to you.)
This course is self-paced; however, all requirements for each session must be completed within the two-week time frame.
- Session #1: September 14 – 27
- Session #2: September 28 – October 11
- Session #3: October 12 – 25
- Session #4: October 26 – November 8
Additionally, guest instructor Thom Allison will join us for two live Q&A sessions. Attendance will not be mandatory, but will allow you to meet fellow students, share your thoughts, and ask questions in a real-time environment.
CFP® CE Credit
This course has been accepted for 10.0 CFP® CE hours per the CFP® Board. Requirements to receive the CFP® CE include the following:
- Listen to all four recorded lectures
- Complete assigned reading in Switch
- Interact with instructor and other students via online discussion forum in response to posted topics and questions
- Complete online learning assessments (quizzes)
- Review additional resources
- Read additional articles or books from recommended reading list
- Participate in real-time Q&A sessions
This MQU course is available to everyone.
Please note that the fee does not include a copy of the reading material. You are responsible for acquiring your own copy of the text, Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard, by Chip and Dan Heath.
- MQ Partners: $300.00
- MQ VIP Firm Partners: $240.00
- MQ Diamond Firm Partners: $150.00
- Non-Profit: $240.00
- Full-Time Student: $240.00
- Others: $400.00
Thom Allison, CFP® – Thom began his career in financial services in 1983 and earned his CFP designation in 1988. He started Allison Spielman Advisors in 1997. Allison Spielman Advisors have been MQ Licensees since 2009. Before starting Allison Spielman Advisors, Thom was a founding partner at Financial Security Group in Bellevue, WA. His volunteer commitments have included serving as President and Chairman of the Financial Planning Association of Puget Sound, President of the Board of the Bellevue Philharmonic Orchestra, Chairman of Newport Covenant Church in Bellevue, and C-Chair of the Bellevue Art Museum Capital Campaign.