Facilitating Positive Change in Your Clients’ Financial Lives
This course is an MQ University sponsored event.
This course is designed to provide a framework for understanding how your client’s “two brains” have different needs. These conflicting needs can override your best efforts to alter the financial beliefs and behaviors that undermine their life satisfaction and sense of well-being.
However, by adopting a new perspective and new ways of interacting with your clients, you can help your clients view their financial and life goals with new eyes. Learn how to be a more effective facilitator of the positive changes that your clients want to make and will be in their own best interests.
Once you complete this course, you will come away with:
- New tools to help you think and talk about the obstacles that block your clients’ progress toward their satisfaction and sense of well-being
- A new and fun way to guide your clients’ financial behavior
- Effective tools to help you understand your own thinking so you can move your practice to the next level
Each classroom will be limited to 12 students.
The text for this online course will be Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard, by Chip and Dan Heath. Each session of this four-session, eight-week course will include a recorded lecture, online interaction with the instructor and students, and completion of an online learning assessment. (Please note: you will be responsible for acquiring your own copy of the text; the book will not be provided to you.)
This course is self-paced; however, all requirements for each session must be completed within the two-week time frame.
- Session 1: Saturday, March 5 – Sunday, March 20
- Session 2: Saturday, March 19 – Sunday, April 3
- Session 3: Saturday, April 2 – Sunday, April 17
- Session 4: Saturday, April 16 – Sunday, May 1
CFP Board CE Credit
This course has been accepted for 10.0 CFP Board CE hours per the CFP Board. Requirements to receive the CFP Board CE include the following:
- Listen to all four recorded lectures
- Complete assigned reading in Switch
- Interact with instructor and other students via online discussion forum in response to posted topics and questions
- Complete online learning assessments (quizzes)
- Review additional resources
- Read additional articles or books from recommended reading list
- Participate in real-time Q&A sessions
This MQU course is available to everyone.
Please note that the fee does not include a copy of the reading material. You are responsible for acquiring your own copy of the text, Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard, by Chip and Dan Heath.
- MQ Partners: $300.00
- MQ VIP Firm Partners: $240.00
- Non-Profit: $240.00
- Full-Time Student: $240.00
- Others: $400.00