“MQ in Action” with Alecia Modahl, JD, LLM, CFP®
The “MQ in Action” series provides the opportunity to hear how other financial planners are utilizing the Money Quotient materials. Sessions are presented by Veteran Money Quotient Licensees. In this MQ in Action webinar, Alecia, owner of ALM Financial Solutions, will describe the process she used to integrate the MQ tools and materials into her practice and share her unique experiences and expertise. Sessions conclude with an open forum for questions.
Topics Alecia will cover include:
- An overview of her initial implementation process, using MQ tools with prospects and existing clients.
- An in-depth look at her client engagement model after years of experience, showing each MQ tool being used.
- Her observations about changes she made to more effectively engage clients and integrate the MQ materials.
- Her approach for recognizing and managing client push-back and how she adapted to this resistance.
- Her recommendations for making the most effective use of the MQ materials.
Alecia Modahl is an independent financial planner with KMS Financial Services, Inc. Prior to joining KMS, Alecia worked in both the corporate insurance and boutique investment firm environments. Alecia branched out on her own in 2009 to pursue her vision of building a life-centered financial planning practice.
Alecia earned her JD from the University of Oregon School of Law where she focused on Estate Planning. After law school, Alecia completed her LLM degree in Taxation at the University of Washington, specializing in Estate Tax Planning and International Taxation. Before entering the financial services industry, Alecia spent two years working as a Consultant in the fields of International Taxation and Business Valuation.
In 1996, Alecia earned a Masters Degree in Engineering Economic Systems from Stanford University. Her focus was on applying Decision Analysis as a quantitative model for making qualitative decisions.
Alecia served two years in the Peace Corps as a high school Mathematics teacher in Burkina Faso, West Africa. While there, she worked with local community members to complete a latrine and study garden project.
Alecia is an avid cyclist, having finished the Seattle to Portland and Seattle to Vancouver, BC rides several time. She also loves encaustic painting and is an aspiring author in the field of financial literacy.