MQ In Action with Jeremy Levinn, CFP®
About the Webinar
The “MQ in Action” series provides the opportunity to hear how other financial planners are utilizing the Money Quotient materials. Each session features Veteran Money Quotient Partners sharing their unique expertise and approach to using the MQ materials. The session concludes with an open forum for questions.
- An overview of their implementation process, using MQ tools with prospects and existing clients.
- An in-depth look at their client engagement model after years of experience, showing each MQ tool being used.
- Their observations about changes they made to more effectively engage clients and integrate the MQ materials.
- Their approach for recognizing and managing client push-back and how they adapted to this resistance.
- Their recommendations for making the most effective use of the MQ materials.
Jeremy offers the following anecdote regarding his early interest in the relationship between money and its use as a tool in life.
I was 10 and piano lessons were going well. My parents were inspired to find me a better piano and tracked down a woman selling an old six-foot Yamaha grand for $8,000 firm. My dad offered $7,000, but she wouldn’t budge. Feeling my heart’s desire slipping away, I piped in and offered her all the money I had to my name: $200. How could she say no to a 10-year-old? That piano still holds pride of place in my father’s living room.
It took a long time to save that $200 and it felt strange to spend it all at once. But this experience planted the idea that money is a means of realizing goals and reflecting values, not an end in itself. Up to that point, I had thought about how to acquire and hold on to money, but not about the best ways to use it. And at the end of the day, how you use it is what matters.
That’s ultimately what drew me to Financial Life Planning. You have to integrate unique personal values, life goals, finance, and a million other nuanced, and often intangible, personal drivers. You have to know what’s really important—and what is not. My passion is clearing the way for you to make financial decisions with confidence.
I feel very fortunate to have found a team of like-minded people at Financial Life Focus who are so passionate about the work we do.