“MQ Gathering” – The Benson Hotel, Portland, OR – November 7-8, 2019
Check out the Info Packet HERE!
Description of Stages of MQ Gathering
The MQ Gathering is broken down into four distinct stages that create a glide path through deeper thinking and conversations, to innovative thoughts and ideas, to practical solutions and actions. Each stage has a distinct purpose with a set of objectives that the group will work together to fulfill. Different models, frameworks, and participatory processes will be introduced along the way to help the group to expand into more creative thinking and to be efficient, focused, and productive. Below are the four stages and a list of the characteristics and objectives of each:
1) Arrival. Becoming Present. Feeling Shared Purpose.
- Establish community and create belonging.
- Letting go of busy lives and distractions to be present and do focused work
- Build comfort for deeper conversations
- Recognize wealth of knowledge and experience of each individual
- Establish shared purpose
2) Digging in. Deepening the Conversation. Flushing it Out.
- Exploring the many assumptions, questions, and beliefs of the topic at hand
- Share experiences, thoughts, and ideas related to issue
- Document scattered questions, concerns, and aspirations
- Identify external and internal obstacles and opportunities
- Begin to connect related elements of discussions
3) Processing. Listening to Self. Thinking it Through.
- Reflect back on conversations and learning that has been experienced thus far
- Identify where discussions moved from conceptual to practical
- Recognize how your own opinions, beliefs, and perspectives have changed
- Document personal thoughts and ideas that have surfaced
- Explore internal obstacles that may exist
4) Identifying Resources. Organizing Priorities. Creating Action.
- Identify specific topics or issues that require further action
- Establish and organize important points that have been discussed thus far
- Explore how action could be taken on macro and micro levels
- Discuss who is responsible for moving the issue forward
- Create an action plan with immediate next steps
Source: Adapted from Art of Hosting training by Tenneson Woolf (www.tennesonwoolf.com)
MQ Gathering Cancellation Policy
- If you cancel ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 4, 2019, you will receive a FULL REFUND, minus a $100.00 processing fee.
- If you cancel BETWEEN OCTOBER 5, 2019–October 24, 2019 you will receive a 50% REFUND, minus a $100.00 processing fee.
- NO REFUND will be provided for cancellation after OCTOBER 24, 2019.
- NO REFUND will be provided to individuals who are registered but do not attend the Retreat (i.e., “No Shows”).